I am a Certified Public Accountant, with over 20 years of diversified experience, working with local, regional, national and international clients. I am committed to providing the highest quality of accounting service with an emphasis on accuracy and integrity. I provide quality professional and business services without compromising sound professional judgment or the highest of personal ethics.
- Over 20 years of working with businesses and individuals.
- Expertise with business and personal multi-state taxation.
- Expertise with payroll and sales tax issues.
- Successful company structuring to minimize tax burden.
- Expertise and success with IRS and state tax agency audits of payroll, sales, and income tax.
- Effective and relevant tax planning and projections.
- Mergers, acquisitions, and SEC 1031 exchange guidance.
Accounting & Consulting
- Over 20 years of experience providing clients with solutions to their accounting issues, and setting up accounting systems.
- Wide range of knowledge with accounting programs including QuickBooks, Peachtree, and MAS 90.
- Audit experience with multi-national publicly held companies using paperless systems.
- Due diligence services for mergers and acquisitions.
- Financial management outsourcing for small and medium sized companies.
- Expertise with non-profit organizations and IRS and state reporting requirements.
I have a bachelors degree from Dominican College. I am licensed in New York. Prior to founding Steven Ellwanger, CPA, PLLC, I was employed at a prominent Saratoga Springs public accounting firm, and earlier at a high-profile New Jersey public accounting firm. I live in beautiful Saratoga Springs, New York, with my wife Sarah and my twins Lars & Gemma.